Outsourcing is the act of hiring and trusting an outside consultant, agency or service provider to manage a portion of your business.
Top reasons to outsource
- If the task requires specialized skill that you currently do not have example payroll, human resource compliance among others then it is a wise decision to outsource these.
- If an operation requires the use of specialized equipment or a large facility that you currently do not have then it is a great idea to outsource the operation for efficiency purposes.
- If a task or operation is seasonal and is not the core of your business, it might be unreasonable and expensive to higher personnel. In this case outsourcing becomes the best options. Most businesses usually outsource customer service to a company that is better equipped to handle the large volumes of calls.
- If the amount of work is limited, it might be expensive to hire an expert on a part time basis to handle the job. It will be much cheaper to outsource the task.
- If the operation is short term such as tax preparation outsourcing is the wise choice.
Top benefits of outsourcing
In a world where businesses are becoming more and more focused on minimizing costs while keeping the quality of their products as high as possible, many companies and businesses have turned to outsourcing. They are entrusting some portion of their business to another partner so they can enjoy the benefits. They include;
Cost saving advantage
This tops the list by being the most obvious and most visible benefit of all. By outsourcing you will get the job done at lower costs but still maintain the high quality. The amount you pay for outsourcing will be a fraction of the cost that you would have otherwise incurred. Maintaining infrastructure is a burden for a business but outsourcing eliminates the burden. By outsourcing, the business no longer needs to invest in employee training or purchasing some of the latest technology and this keeps their costs low and translates to higher returns in the future.
Experience increased efficiency and a competitive edge
When you outsource your business needs your partner brings in years of experience and expertise in delivering services and products. They can therefore do a better job with their understanding and knowledge of the business. This can in turn lead to an increase in the productivity and the efficiency of the process. You will be providing your customers with the best services and you will surpass your competitors.
Focus on core activities
As the workload of noncore activities increase, the quality of the core activities will suffer. By outsourcing the business process you will free energies that would have otherwise been used on other processes that are not core to the business. You are therefore in a position to build your brand or invest in research and development by focusing your resources to the core activities.
Access to skilled resources
You will no longer have to invest in recruiting and training for your business. Your outsourcing partner brings in their pool of highly skilled resources. The resources hired by the outsourcing partner are all well-educated and have years of experience in handling the business needs of the company. Due to their high skill levels they will give superior quality and proficiency that is unmatched.
Better risk management
By outsourcing, you will share associated risk with your partner and hence reduce your burden. By outsourcing to a competent partner you reduce the risk involved in having the same service or task done in house by your staff that might not be competent in that field.
Different time zone advantage
Take advantage of the time zone difference and get to run your business 24/7. By outsourcing to a company that is in a different time zone, you get to have your job done in the night when you are closed and when you wake up you have the job delivered. This greatly increases your productivity and translates to more profits.